Friday, August 22, 2014

Week 1, Indian Epics

As I watched Nina Paley's, Sita Sings the Blues, I was first intrigued by her costume and make up. I then noticed that she had four arms and was holding different objects in each hand.. and then she blew up. I have never thought about what the symbolism behind four arms is, I'm sure it will be interesting to learn about. I am also curious about why this man has a revolving head with many faces. Very interesting symbolism going on throughout the entire video. I only watched 10 minutes of the film, but I noticed there has not been any singing yet.
I will definitely watch this film in its entirety when I have the time. Maybe I'll add more to this blog post. This video has drawn out a desire to educate myself on Indian culture and understand the big picture of their history.

No comments:

Post a Comment