Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Week 15: Writing

 What did you like best about the writing for this class? What would you like to see more of?

I really enjoyed the commenting on other peoples posts and the option to do the last words assignments. The last words assignment was kind of a relaxing thing for me to do every few weeks because I felt like it allowed me to reflect on what was going on in my life and what I needed to prepare for. I enjoyed the creativity that you left us with for each assignment. That definitely helped make it more fun. 

* Did you choose the Storybook or the Portfolio? Are you happy with your choice? What information should I emphasize to next semester's students when they make that choice?

I chose the storybook. I liked the storybook set up, but I'll admit that I didn't even look at what the portfolio was about. The storybook was more of a website setup and I think the students were able to figure that out from looking at previous storybooks, so I don't really know what else you could say to inform them of what it is all about.

* Do you have suggestions for the commenting process: suggestions about commenting on blog posts? suggestions about comments on Storybooks/Portfolios?

I think that the list you have posted to help students with what to comment is very helpful. The most important information that the future students should know about commenting is that positive feedback is the most important. 

* What kinds of comments did you find most useful as you working on your Storybook/Portfolio?

Honestly, I found your comments the most useful and pertinent. I hardly ever looked at the comment wall for guidance because I knew you would catch anything that needed to be changed. 

* Do you think this class helped you to improve your writing? 

Yes. Improvement of writing was a major thing I noticed happening for all of the students throughout the semester. I made comments about it in some of my last words posts. It was pretty incredible to watch some students improvements!
* What kind of writing do you see yourself doing in your future career? Will writing be important in that career?

I want to go to graduate school, so I am anticipating many research papers in the future. After grad school, I want to go into health administration, which requires a bit of writing but mostly professional letters and things of that sort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment